Posted on 29th December 2014
- Tyne & Wear
JTL are looking for an experienced Carpentry & Joinery Tutor for a highly regarded Training Organisation. The department delivers a broad range of technical certificates from Level 1 (introductory) through to Level 3.
You must have previous commercial and teaching experience, as well as Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery or equivalent.
Responsibilities and duties:
• To manage and develop your area of delivery, including lesson planning, assessing and marking of programmes.
• Ensure you meet the high standards of instruction and care for the learning experience and safeguarding of our learners
• Maintain close liaison with the various referral agencies to ensure their requirements are met in order to sustain a regular stream of clients
• To work with Office Staff keeping central records and candidate tracking up to date and accurate, ensuring a clear audit trail.
• To attend and contribute to team meetings
• To undertake additional duties as may be assigned as required.
• Cava or Equivalent
• Cert Ed, DTLLs or equivalent
• Construction / Carpentry Related Background
• Minimum 3 years on site experience in the relevant trade area
• Experience of delivering Apprenticeship frameworks
• Full understanding of all products being delivered
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Present self and the organisation professionally to build trust and commitment
• Active listener who encourages participation, solutions identification and ownership of decisions
• Compliance of H&S, Safeguarding policies & procedures
• Recognise and evaluate learner needs.
A DBS check will be required for this position.
If you have all the above qualifications and experience forward your CV to JTL ASAP