Posted on 12th March 2015
- ££21,000 - £23,000
JTL are looking for experienced Health & Social Care Tutor / Assessor in Wakefield. Our client is a nationally based Training Provider Organisation who help people change their lives, by helping them achieve qualifications and gain new skills. They are currently recruiting for a number of experienced NVQ Tutor/Assessors. Applicants must have previous experience of delivering the full apprenticeship framework - NVQ up to Level 3, Maths, English up to Level 2. Advantageous to the role if you can deliver other qualifications such as Business Admin, Customer Service and Management or any other subjects. Access to your own transport is essential.
• Agree and complete Apprenticeship Plans and Apprenticeship Learning Agreements, and in line with Training processes;
• To support learners with Functional Skills Management of assessments for candidates, from assessment planning to making and recording assessment decisions as required by the awarding body;
• Undertaking work-based assessments to provide evidence of candidate competence against National Occupational Standards (NOS) and utilising the full range of assessment methods.
• Ensuring the validity, reliability and sufficiency of evidence produced by candidates and ensure Apprentices keep up to date with their programme of learning;
• Maintaining accurate and verifiable candidate assessment and achievement records as required by the awarding body;
• Management of a personal caseload of candidates using spread sheet, paper based and e learning portfolio systems, including pastoral support in liaison with employers, and provision of Information, Advice and Guidance as required;
• Ensuring assessment opportunities in the workplace are available to candidates in liaison with the Lead IQA (IV);
• Establishing and maintain links with employers in order to negotiate opportunities for learning, employment and work experience;
• Experience of assessing vocational qualifications Experience of working with external employers and contacts in the area of assessment and delivery.
• Knowledge / experience of apprenticeships and QCF frameworks;
• PTTLS (or equivalent)
• Must be A1/TAQA qualified. IV qualification desirable.
Knowledge and experience of working with e-portfolios (desirable);Maintain high-quality standards and confidentiality. An Enhanced CRB Check will be required for this post Please forward CV's to JTL ASAP