Posted on 29th December 2014
- Tyne & Wear
JTL are looking to appoint an enthusiastic motivated Bricklaying Instructor for a highly reputable Training Organisation. To deliver an integrated programme of training, support and development to learners who are undertaking a qualification in Construction.
Quality teaching and learning must be adhered to in line with Scheme of Works to ensure timely achievement of learner goals and qualifications in line with Company and Regulating Bodies KPI’s.
• To work with learners giving practical instruction in construction skills. This will include the building of a portfolio of evidence that meets Centre and Awarding Body requirements.
• Ensure that the learners have an effective learning experience by providing high quality information, guidance and advice enhancing their ability to retain progress and attract employability.
• Plan, review and deliver practical quality sessions giving comprehensible instructions to learners. This includes giving detailed verbal and written feedback to all course applicants.
• To develop and create relevant course resources.
• Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work for each course that is delivered and to be responsible for updating this course material as and when required.
• Complete all portfolio paperwork in line with Centre and Awarding Body policy.
• Support and guide learners in achieving industry qualifications
• Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners. Assess learners work and cross reference against standards.
• Ensure learners achieve a relevant construction qualification.
Skills & Experience Required;
• Evidence of supporting learners success
• Experience and ability to teach a broad base of Construction
• Very good standard of oral and written communication
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines
• Good organisation and administrative skills
• Commitment to Quality
• Ability to deal effectively and to communicate with people at all levels
• PTTLS, CTTLS, CertEd.
• A1 / TAQA
• Construction related qualifications
DBS check will be required for this post
If you have all the above qualifications and experience please forward your CV to JTL ASAP